Monday, October 7, 2019

Introductory Blog

         Hello my name is Carter and I am a sophomore at Fort Lauderdale High School. As you can probably determine by my name I identify as a male and my personal pronouns are him and his. I have had friends who have issues with this and I just wanted to clarify. I am an extremely busy high school student with a typical day filled with accelerated classes, school clubs and sports. I am 15 years old and while not born in Florida, was raised in Hollywood FL. When asked what hobbies I enjoy doing I would answer scuba diving, boating, robotics, and biking. However, I also run cross country for my school. Now you may ask why this is not with the list of my other hobbies, and I would respond: running hurts, but the athletic physique is well worth the struggle.

     My middle school was extremely small, and as a result I knew everyone, but while this was nice at the time, I was not prepared for middle school. During freshmen year I was an introvert, but i manged to make enough friends to be happy. Now, In tenth grade, i would describe my self as a loving friendly person who any one can talk to. I have three different friend groups, and i am a part of and am a part of the top 5% of my graduating class in terms of academics. Currently my favorite class is pre-calculus, and my least favorite Aice English. In my journey that is life I have dabbled in personal philosophy and realized that our lives are absolutely meaningless unless we have a positive impact on others. Because of this i decided to take an unconventional rout and actually try to save the environment form humans, so that humans can use later. but that is enough about me and my past now for my future.

      I am hoping to continue my education for another ten years, and get a Engineering Doctorate. With the advancement of technology this is the best path in my opinion. I will be able to keep up with the best technology, and not be threatened by automation. In the Future I would like to be employed so i must be better than a machine. From this class i am hoping to be able to understand and perceive media in a more in-depth way. 1 movie = 1,000,000 pictures and 1 picture =10,000 words. I love both TV and movies and so I believe that this class will be great for me. I am ready to dedicate my self to this class and here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment