Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

     On Thursday, October 24, we had to film all of our takes that we could then edit into our commercial. This was especially fun because thanks to a great team effort we knew exactly what we wanted to do. Our storyboard was instrumental in the process of filming. This was because unlike most other groups we knew what we wanted and we knew how to do it. This saved us crucial time, and unlike most other groups we have all the footage we need. This was probably the easiest part of the project. AS well as one that everyone enjoyed. However, we still have a lot to do. First, we must select what takes we want to use for our project. And then we must edit them all together to form a great commercial.

     However, I personally wouldn't say that that was an easy day for me. As we had previously planned in our storyboard, I was to be involved in nearly 2/5 of the commercial. And because this was a Nike commercial, that meant a lot of physical activity. First, I had to run by Eva, and high five her. This was a lot of running because at the time we were still trying to learn how to use the camera. The next thing I had to do, was tie my shoe. Now, this may not appear to be hard, but when you have to do it five times, it starts to add up. The final activity that I had to do was sprint around the track. This was especially hard for me because my team couldn't decide if I should wear the school jersey. This lead to a lot of takes.

     After we were done filming my part, I tried to convince my team that we should use the tripod. This plan failed ultimately when the plate that connected the camera to the tripod was missing (was not in the bag). After we were entirely done filming I had to get my group to hurry back to the room so we could dump all of our files. Here we ran into more trouble. This came in the form of not being able to find our files. We prevailed in the end because I had saved my notes on my phone. We had to access every file of the camera. Next, we had to determine when we had started to film. Finally, download all files from our period. Again, This project was ultimately very enjoyable and I can't wait to see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment