Thursday, April 16, 2020

Music Video Final Product

     This is the result of six weeks' worth of work and was ultimately my second project. For this project, I found a new team to work with, as the old one did not contribute to the workload. We were tasked with creating an alternative music video to a pre-existing song. The song that we chose was Garry come home, from the popular cartoon Sponge Bob. We chose this song because it would be easy to accomplish as one of our members has a cute dog that can look sad at times. Additionally, we believe that every kid of the 2000s' who didn't live under a rock would know this song. Our main actor was Jake, and his accomplice is his dog. I was the director. Tim was the camera man. Finally, Kyle was the main editor. Altogether, I enjoyed working with this new team much more than my old one, as we seemed to have the same feelings on certain issues with our movie, and they helped me with the workload.

     The basic plot of the actions in our video are of a young man ignoring his friend, and then missing him once he is gone. However, the story does have a happy ending as "Terry" man's best friend is returned. While searching for his friend, he remembers all of the good times that they had, and all of the love that they share. this was supposed to also have a deeper meaning as almost everyone will lose a beloved pet or family member. Having just lost my 17-year-old dog, I truly understand where the song can have a deeper meaning. When we were filming this project, we had a few mistakes that I would like to address. First off, the reason why we only have one actor is because of a scheduling mistake where the rest of us were outside of the state. Second, the editing isn't perfection, because when we did our first round of editing, the program corrupted the file. Overall, this was a great project and I really became a better person because of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment