Monday, February 24, 2020

Final Project Filming Day 1

This weekend was the first day that me and two other of my group members could meet up. I arrived at Jake's house promptly on time at 11:15. From here, we proceeded to film some of our one person shots. While we were filming, before Kyle arrived, I was the camera man and Jake was the actor. we decided that this would be a good idea, because I will be unable to film next weekend. This is important because we realized that we didn't have enough footage at the end of the day to make a two minute intro to a movie. Anyhow,  at 12:00 we ran into some problems when trying to pick up Kyle. So, we left Jake's house at 12:05 and when we arrived we couldn't figure out which house was his and he didn't come outside. when we finally picked him up, we realized that we needed to re-shoot many scenes.

For example, we realized that having a teen wear and look the exact same as a younger version oh himself was just not realistic. To change this, we had Jake wear lighter colored clothing, and we also opened the blinds to let in more light. This was my idea and it is supposed to represent the lighter, and more insentient time. This time is also known as childhood. However, we decided that this still wasn't enough so next week, we are going to film the kid's scenes in first person perspective. This way, we won't see Jake's face as much. It would also be  much easier to film when Tim is there to film with us.

Overall, we spent about five hours of filming at Jake's on Saturday. We did spend some time attempting to try and finding props at target and Walmart, but this did not help at all. Overall, I had fun filming with my group and I am very sad that I can't finish filming with them.

Attached is a picture from one of our scenes...


No comments:

Post a Comment